At Rufus, we are changing the way people work. Our mission is to build a superhuman workforce by bringing humans and machine together. If you're driven, scrappy, and looking to build tools that Batman would wear to work, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be working alongside our CTO & fellow engineers to assist in building a new piece of wearable technology.
Duties Include embedded software and driver development, including but not limited to:
- Modification of hardware drivers (LCD, GPS, Camera, Accel/Gyro, BT/WiFi, etc)
- Debug Android KitKat base operating system, kernel, and bootloader with Rufus Cuff
- Testing of firmware and drivers for overall stability and functionality
- Implement energy optimizations to maximize battery life
- Integrate specific/multiple Bluetooth protocols into the stack
- Modify images & videos taken by the camera at the kernel/driver level
- Debug software level errors from a driver standpoint
- Additional firmware/embedded tasks
- Strong knowledge of embedded software/Driver support (primary focus)
- Strong knowledge of C
- Strong knowledge of the Linux Kernel
- Great experience with Android OS/hardware integration preferred
- Good understanding of Android/Linux firmware, with the ability to develop and integrate kernel modules and other low-level functionality.
- Familiarity with functional testing and ability to build and execute robust test plans.
- A driven and focused team player
- Wants to work in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter. Please take some time to review our company and product and tell us why you'd like to work at Rufus Labs (if you won't take the time to go the extra mile for these items, we most likely won't take the time to look at your resume).
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you.